Image credit: Mark Wilding
Follow us on twitter @RobbioDobbio + @2tspod
Episode 4 of the podcast is now live on our Soundcloud page! Click the link below to listen, you can also download the teacher’s notes.
On this episode we were talking about crimes like pick pocketing and mugging as well as other types of scam. We interviewed several people about their experiences being the victims of crime in Barcelona and other parts of the world. Hope you enjoy the show!
2Ts in a Pod – Teacher’s Notes Episode 4: Scams
- 00:00 – 03:14 – Intro chat
- 03:14 – 06:56 – Tim’s pickpocketing story
- 06:56 – 09:20 – Vox-pop with Vicky: Scams in Barcelona vs in Argentina
- 09:20 – 13:48 – Katy’s mugging story
- 13:48 – 17:06 – Five ways to say: Crime/scam expressions
- 17:06 – 20:54 – Vox-pop with Beranice: Barcelona robbery story
- 21:00 – 26:52 – I wanna be like you with Vicky
- 26:52 – 29:00 – Vox-pop with Lisa: Scam stories
- 29:00 – end – Thanks, credits, comment
Five Ways to Say…
- I totally fell for the scam. (I believed it, I was tricked)
- I was taken in by the con man. (he convinced/tricked me)
- This sandwich cost me €8! What a rip-off! (overpriced/too expensive)
- I got ripped off by the mechanic when I took my car in for a service.
- I felt like a right idiot/plonker/tit after they stole my bag. (feel stupid)
- Have you ever been pickpocketed? Or even mugged?
- What happened?
- What advice would you give someone to help them avoid something similar happening to them?
- Can you think of any other types of scam? Email scams? Phone scams? etc.
- What do you think the punishment for these crimes should be?
- Have you ever been ripped off when you bought something?
- Where were you?
- What did you buy?
- When was the last time you felt like a right idiot/plonker/tit?