And download the teacher’s notes:
Episode one: https://goo.gl/HxF1fS
Episode two: https://goo.gl/VAPG6Z
The show will be released every two weeks more or less. It is aimed at B2 level students and up, although we do have plans to make specific features for lower levels in the future.
For each episode we choose a different theme; the show is then divided into short features so that they can be listened to as one whole show or as more manageable chunks. We also believe this will make it a useful classroom resources for teachers.
The typical features you might find are:
• Interviews with special guests.
• Vox-pops: Short interviews with people out and about.
• Five ways to say: A feature designed to help boost listeners vocabulary related to the topic of the episode.
• Challenges or experiences: These will include Katy and Tim trying new foods, drinks and activities.
• Pronunciation focus: Here we’ll examine features of English pronunciation such as connected speech and intonation.
• Stop! Grammar time: An irreverent look at specific English grammar points.
• And many many more as we think of them!
This is our first podcast so we’re open to any and all constructive cricitism and feedback! We hope you enjoy the show!
Download our mission statement below:
Love from Katy, Tim and Ben
- Producer & General Sound Wizard: Ben Ward
- Presenters: Katy Wright & Tim Warre
- Logos & Artwork: Mark Wilding
- Jingles: Members of the Barcelona English Choir
Here’s the teacher’s notes for the first episode:
- 00:00 – 04:25 – Intro.
- 04:25 – 08:46 – Guess the top 10 New Year’s resolutions & discussion.
- 08:46 – 10:46 – Vox pop: Vicky on New Year’s resolutions.
- 10:46 – 16:36 – Tim & Katy discuss their New Year’s resolutions.
- 16:36 – 20:58 – 5 Ways to Say: Language of quitting, reducing and addiction.
- 20:58 – 24:09 – I wanna be like you who who – Interview with Ania.
- 24:09 – 28:00 – Vox pop: Ania on New Year’s resolutions.
- 28:00 – END – Interview with Sergi the lifestyle coach.
New Year’s Resolution Lesson Plan
The information and top 10 that Tim reads can be found in the lesson plan below:
Jugo de la Vida – Sergi’s website
Click the link below to check out Sergi the lifestyle coach’s website:
Five Ways to Say…
- I want to give up/quit – Stop doing an activity.
- I’m trying to cut down on – Reduce the quantity I consume.
- I have cut out fruit juice completely. – To eliminate one thing from your diet.
- I’m hooked on – To be addicted to something.
- When my mum was pregnant, she got cravings for – to have a strong need or desire for something, usually related to addictions.
- Have you ever made a New Year’s resolution?
- How successful was it?
- What do you think of the idea of New Year’s resolutions in general?
- Have you ever tried to give up a bad habit?
- How successful were you?
- What tips or advice would you give to someone trying to do the same?
- What things do you think you need to cut down on?
- Are you hooked on anything at the moment?
- Do you ever get cravings for anything? If so, what?