The aim of this composition is to practice the following structures:
- To be used to + a noun / the gerund (being accustomed to something)
At first it was difficult but now I am used to living in a big city.
- To get used to + a noun / the gerund (the process of becoming accustomed to something)
It took me a while to get used to the cold weather / living in such a cold country.
You are an Erasmus student. You have been living in Edinburgh in Scotland for 3 months. Your best friend has written you a letter. He / She is also interested in doing an Erasmus in the UK. Write her a letter containing the following:
- A brief description of your course.
- Different things you have had to adapt to.
- Would you recommend an Erasmus in the UK or not? Explain why / why not.
Write 150 – 180 words.