Great communicative introduction to defining relative clauses.
This is a communicative, personalised activity for introducing defining relative clauses.
Ask your students to write the numbers 1-8 on their paper. Next to no. 1 tell them to write down a place where they like to eat. They should write the name only. You are going to read out 7 similar categories and they should similarly write down just the answer. Here’s the (suggested) list in full:
- a place where you like to eat
- someone who annoys you
- a time when you were surprised
- an activity which you hate doing
- someone whom you love
- a reason why you got up this morning
- something that you can do really well
- a place in which you feel relaxed
Now you can ask the students to look at the first one and say what you said to make them write it down. Hopefully they’ll come up with…
View original post 196 more words