This is a worksheet based on this quizlet set of essential phrasal verbs for FCE:
Download the worksheet here:
Phrasal verb test
Replace the words in brackets or complete the sentence with a phrasal verb:
- John and Sarah have (separated) after 20 years of marriage.
- I ______ up with a great idea for the summer party.
- We arrived at the hotel ______ ___ and had a shower.
- He has decided to ______ _____ ____ (smoke less) cigarettes.
- I brought her some flowers to _______ her____ . (make her happier)
- My dog went to the vet’s and they ____ ____ out some tests on him. (did)
- The teacher was so angry that she threw a pen at me, but after a few minutes she _____ ______. (became less angry)
- After his parents died his grandparents had to _____ him _____. (educate, feed, protect)
- We were talking on the phone when suddenly it _____ _____. (disconnected)
- Scientists think that the woolly mammoth ______ ______ 100,000 years ago. (became extinct)
- My mum _____ me _____ at school in her BMW every morning. (leaves me)
- John and Danny _____ _____ last week and haven’t spoken to each other since. (had a big argument)
- The builders are ______ ____ our house at the moment. (renovating/redecorating)
- I passed all my exams! I ______ ______ yesterday. (discovered)
- If you want to get a visa to go to the USA you have to _____ _____ lots of forms. (complete)
- The man who stole my bicycle ____ _____ from the police. (escaped)
- broken up
- checked in
- cut down on
- cheer up
- carried out
- calmed down
- brought up
- cut off
- died out
- drops off
- fell out
- doing up
- found out
- fill in/out
- got away
2 thoughts on “Phrasal Verb Test FCE”
Reblogged this on mlk english courses: ELT teaching Blog and commented:
Another great lesson plan from Tim’s Free English Lesson plans!
I think the third sentence in the first exercise above should have a comma after the word ‘hotel’.
E.g. We arrived at the hotel, checked in and had a shower.
Likewise, I think the number seventh sentence in the second exercise should also have a comma after the word ‘USA’.
Hope you can clarify.