Image credit: www.learnaboutislam.co.uk
Follow me on twitter @RobbioDobbio
This is a conversation lesson plan for intermediate (B1) upwards around the topic of blame. Download the powerpoint below:
SS discuss in pairs:
- When was the last time you got into trouble?
- Who was to blame?
Language of blaming:
- It was my/his/her/your/their/our _________.
- He was to _________.
- She was in the _________.
- They were at ________.
- I blame the broken window _____ John.
- I blame John _____ breaking the window.
SS complete the sentences with the following words:
- It was my/his/her/your/their/our fault
- He was to blame
- She was in the wrong
- They were at fault.
- I blame the broken window on John.
- I blame John for breaking the window.
Show the first slide from the powerpoint and have students discuss who is to blame in small groups. Ss then report back in open class. You might want to assign roles from the different situations to different students to make it a bit more exciting.