Follow me on twitter @RobbioDobbio
My CAE students have a progress test next week so here’s their test on some of the grammar and vocab we’ve covered this year so far. Download the hand out and key here:
Revision test key
- Please hurry up and decide which film to watch.
I wish you would______________________________ about which film to watch.
- I ate frog’s legs for the first time.
- He played for the club for the first time on Saturday.
He _________________________________for the club on Saturday.
- My Dad will collect us with his car at the airport.
My Dad_______________________ at the airport.
- Police think he is the murderer.
He _____________________________ murderer.
- The painters are painting our house at the moment.
We______________________________ at the moment.
- Someone stole my phone in the bar.
I_______________________________ in the bar.
- Although she’s good with animals, she’s not very comfortable with people.
She ________________________ animals, but she’s unable to relax around people.
- I’ve lost my keys, it’s possible that I left them at work.
I’ve misplaced my keys, ______________________ at work.
- I definitely didn’t write that note, Lyn! That’s not my handwriting!
I ______________________, Lyn, because that’s not my handwriting!
- Paul will definitely win the competition.
Paul _________________________ competition.
- You should clean your room.
It’s about _____________________ your room.
- I wasn’t allowed to play in the street when I was little.
My parents_________________________ in the street when I was little.
- “Give me your phone or I’ll shoot you!” said the thief to the old lady.
The thief _________________________ if she didn’t give him her phone.
- If Billy hadn’t advised me to continue, I would have given up.
But _________________________, I would have given up.
- If I saw someone stealing, I couldn’t just ignore it.
Were_______________________, I couldn’t ignore it.
- If I hadn’t seen the sign, I would have crashed into the river.
Had _______________________, I would have crashed into the river.
- The moment I sat down, the phone rang.
No_________________________ the phone rang.
- We didn’t just see dolphins, we saw whales too!
Not___________________ also whales!
- Two students came to class. Both students hadn’t done their homework.
Two students came to class,_________________ done their homework.
- Although it was sunny, it was still chilly.
Sunny ____________________, it was still chilly.
- The police ordered the man to drive to the side of the road and stop.
The police ordered the man _________________.
Revision test key:
- Make up your mind/make your mind up
- Had never eaten frog’s legs
- Made his debut
- Will pick us up
- Is thought to be the
- Are having our house painted
- Got my phone stolen
- May be good with
- I might/could/may have left them
- Can’t have written that note
- Is bound to win the
- Time you cleaned
- Didn’t let me play
- Threatened to shoot the old lady
- For Billy’s advice to continue/carry on
- I to witness a robbery/someone stealing
- I not seen the sign,
- Sooner had I sat down than
- Only did we see dolphins, but
- Neither of whom had
- Though it was
- To pull over