Follow me on twitter @
This is a worksheet to practice some advanced conditional expressions such as as soon as/otherwise/even if.
It follows on from my previous CAE conditionals lesson plan. Download the worksheet below:
Complete the sentences with a word from the box.
- ______________ the weather improves, we’ll have to cancel the match.
- ______________ you won the lottery, would you keep working?
- ______I known you were going to get angry, I wouldn’t have mentioned it.
- ______ they to install a swimming pool, how many people would use it?
- Put on another pair of socks, _____________ you’re going to get cold.
- I’m not going to speak to him again, ______________ he begs me on his hands and knees.
- __________ you feel sick, take two of these tablets.
- ______________ you pay us half of the money now, we’ll give you a 5% discount.
|Should were supposing unless had even if provided that otherwise|
Match the first half of the conditional (1-8) to the second half.
|1. Supposing I asked you out for dinner,
2. You can have a party,
3. I wouldn’t go on a date with him,
4. Should you need any assistance,
5. Make sure you close the cage door,
6. Unless you lower your price,
7. Were the boss to give us a pay rise,
8. Had I not seen the warning sign,
|a. Even if he was the last man on Earth.
b. Provided that you clean up afterwards.
c. Don’t hesitate to call me.
d. We might not be so grumpy all the time.
e. The deal is off.
f. Otherwise the hamster might escape.
g. I would have touched the cable and been electrocuted!
h. What would you say?
- Even if
- Provided that